Financial Analyst- HCG
The Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG) is a Global Leader in the provision of scientific strategy and medical communications services for pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The HCG Finance Team provides world class support services to the several entities and 600+ employees that comprise the group. If you are driven, work with high self-expectations, have exceptional communication skills and are inherently orientated towards a customer service mentality, then you may be a candidate to join the Team.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for partnering with the Finance and Client Services teams in managing and ensuring the financial integrity of revenue recognition, costs and billings for client projects.
- Review and analyze project spend on an ongoing basis throughout the lifecycle of a deliverable – identify areas of risk, exposure, etc.
- Monitor time and expense data on projects to identify miscoding errors and provide corrective action when necessary
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for client service teams and clients
- Review project unbilled balance reports and prepare invoices based on client contract billing terms and in accordance with project milestones
- Prepare bimonthly job positions reports and meet with client service teams to review status of projects for billing and reconciliation needs
- Open projects and input budgets in accordance with contracts
- Prepare project summary reports upon completion and reconcile with budgeted line items as set forth in the Statements of Work – minimize overages/support account recoverability
- Support intercompany transfer of financial data and reports between US and UK
- Assist with preparation and exchange of weekly time transaction detail reports for intercompany support staff and monthly new business trackers
- Ensure financial systems and excel reports reconcile and yield accurate client reporting. Make correction entries, when necessary
- Troubleshoot systems-related problems and provide suggestions on process improvement to Finance Directors
- Assist in Quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley audits of internal financial processes
- Ensure we are audit compliant through accurate record keeping and retention of project related contracts – raise red flags as it relates to processes, backup, etc.
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly client reconciliations and spend reporting as per terms set forth in client agreements
- Collaborate with operations to process honoraria and expense reimbursement, and other client compliance reporting needs
Team and Client Relations
- Serve as liaison between Client Service teams and the global finance department
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy of financials as they relate to the client in order to maintain client relationships and promote profitability across client engagements
- Participate in weekly finance and client team meetings.
- Review vendor invoices for proper project coding
- Prepare client invoices and answer client questions regarding projects
- Prepare client requested reports with accuracy and adherence to client guidelines
- Review unbilled balances and ensure billings are managed with cash flow and review monthly
- Assist with month end close procedures – project transfers, billings, etc
-Other duties as assigned-
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Finance/Accounting degree preferred but not required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS FOR POSITION
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience
- Project accounting experience
- Proactive fiscal acumen
- Must have a high degree of accuracy and be detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ensure reports are accurate, timely, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics a plus
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans, including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and mentoring opportunities through programs such as Omnicom University, led by international influencers and Harvard Business School professors
- Retail and entertainment discounts and benefits available
- A rewarding workplace and a fun team environment
The companies within the Healthcare Consultancy Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.